Friday 11 November 2016

HOPE FM –IRINGA: I HAVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE BETTER DOCUMENTARIES





The IBER course has helped me to know how to develop and prepare appealing radio programmes on business environment issues. After attending the programme, I realized that when making radio programmes on agribusiness, I must look for people who are associated with it; farmers, partners, professionals and government leaders, to ensure that I balance the story. The IBER course has also helped me to understand the regulations, property rights and legal environment and to simplify them according to the type of audience. I understand the basics of private sector advocacy and dialogue. In preparing investigative stories, I must use the data and evidence from the field because they will help me to make issues visible to the public and policy makers. Indeed, I gained more skills for conducting an interview and how to control it.

I learned how to make a better documentary, which enabled me to change other programme structures. I know how to report a story in an analytical way through 5W’s and H plus another W. I gained more skills for making a programme and a documentary through providing a programme plan, research, and writing a report. I have managed to make better radio programmes than the ones I made before receiving SAUT training. I understand how to see an opportunity and how to turn an idea into a business. The programme has helped me to develop an action plan for preparing agribusiness programmes. In addition to using radio as the source of communication, I found I can use Mobile Agricultural School & Service (MASS) to reach farmers. Finally, I learned that after seeing whether a certain story is worth investigating, I have to ask myself, “What is the public interest in it?”

No comments:

Post a Comment